Saturday 26 October 2013

Lunches

I am always on the lookout for new lunch ideas to bring in to college with me, so here are a few nice ones so that you can vary your lunch box ideas for school, college or work.

1) Last nights chicken pesto - salad
I don't know about you but we always have a bowl or two of dinner left overs that end up in the fridge. One of my favourite the next day is chicken pesto pasta made up into a fresh crunchy salad, no dressing needed.

1/2 bowl of chicken pesto pasta
1/2 bell pepper (I used yellow)
handful of rocket and or baby spinch
Fresh parmesan cheese for grating on top

So simple, yet tastes so good because you have the flavoured chicken pasta, yet there's fresh, crisp vegetables, and the salt from the cheese.
I usually eat it with two ryevita crackers.


2) Homemade Red Pepper Hummus and Carrots in a Jar.
Homemade hummus literally is so easy all you need is a few ingredients, an oven and a blender.

2 Red peppers roughly sliced-

  • Put onto a tray with olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika and chili flakes.
  • Roast for 15-20 minutes until soft.

Into the blender;
1 tin chick peas- drained.
Tahini 1.5 tbsp optional
2 tbs olive oil
1 tsp Cayenne pepper
1.5 tsp cumin seeds ground
Add the peppers
Blend.

I store mine in old jam jars which I sterlize with boiling water while the peppers are roasting.

For lunch, I put to tablespoons of hummus into a shallow jar, I slice two carrots into batons and then I place them standing up into the jar so that they are sitting in the hummus ready to eat.


3)Chicken, Mango and Avacado Salad
SO simple:

1/2 breast roast chicken
Handful of baby spinach
Half of a fresh mango, diced
Half an avacado diced
Handful of mixed nuts (sunflower, sesame, walnuts, pumpkin seeds).

still to come:
4) Last nights roast chicken and mixed veg salad


5) Bacon and Avacado Salad


6) Sweet potato, Mixed veg and Quinoa salad.



No comments:

Post a Comment